women and children benefited from our health programme
students received a quality education
countries at the heart of our attention
Enfants du Monde operates in some of Africa, Asia and Latin America’s poorest countries to bring access to a quality education and maternal and child health services to the most disadvantaged. Our Swiss NGO also contributes to implementing and respecting the rights of children across the world with a sustainable development perspective.
Every child must be able to go to school and learn to build a future.
- Improving the quality of primary education in Africa and Latin America by training educational staff.
- Creation of teaching materials adapted to children’s needs.
- Schooling for children displaced by armed conflict.
We improve the health of mothers and children in Africa, Latin America and Asia:
- Preventive actions in schools, health centers and with families.
- Training healthcare staff to take better care of patients.
- Reinforcing the knowledge of health ministry executives.
- Contribution to national public health policies involving local populations.
We promote respect for and implementation of children’s rights in Switzerland and around the world, with a view to sustainable development.
- Teacher training
- Production of teaching materials to educate schoolchildren about their rights.
- Encouraging children’s active participation through class projects and the “la parole aux enfants” festival.
What makes us different
- Designed to last: our projects are sustainable because they strengthen the skills and knowledge of national education and health institutions, local NGOs and the local population;
- In-depth knowledge of the field: we don’t send expatriates, and our local teams are natives of the countries where we work;
- Collaboration: we co-construct all our projects with the beneficiaries we support, so that they can ultimately become the autonomous agents of their own change;
- Efficiency: pilot projects are tested and then rolled out on a larger scale once they have proven their impact;
- Leverage: by training key people in ministries and at local level, we transform educational and health practices in a sustainable way;
- Expertise: a team of experienced specialists in public health and education sciences applies our unique pedagogical know-how;
- Quality: our projects are designed to guarantee their impact, and we are recognized as trusted partners by international cooperation agencies, donors and local players.
My donation makes a difference
I am donating a bilingual textbook in French and Mooré (the local language) to 8 children in Burkina Faso to help them make better progress at school.
I am helping 250 pregnant women in Bangladesh to prepare for the birth of their baby and the risks associated with childbirth.
I am funding in-service training in bilingual education for 10 teachers in Guatemala to improve the quality of their lessons.